zondag 2 november 2014

Last Week [13]

Another week passed by and I'm a little bit behind with my school assignments. I might have enjoyed this "holiday" period (it's more like a lesson-free week) a bit too much. Oh well, we all need a break sometimes and I had fun ignoring everything. :)

As I'm now part of our school paper's team I've spent some time in our library. I found some very interesting looking books and I went to our very extensive paper catalogue looking for some extra special papers to put in our magazine.

One of the few thing I made this past week. Didn't had a very productive time, but at least I've had some good fun painting this one little bug. // I said goodbye to my laptop and sent it of to the HP repair centre. Hopefully I'll see it back again soon, although I'm quite unhappy with this HP laptop. It's light and it seemed perfect for my studies, but one of the hinges of the screen broke after barely four months. But, I already talked about in the previous Last Week post.

I went to The Big Draw on Sunday and followed a workshop on basic printmaking techniques. It was a lot of fun to experiment with new possibilities and I learned some new things too. :) Afterwards we tried to get back to another museum before it closed but we failed, so we went for a walk by the drawned upon windows. I love window drawings, I think they should become a serious trend.

One of the other things I made this past week are a set of cute little sketchbooks. I glued some pages together and I made them Japanes styled. I hope to finish my sketchbook soon. The other one should be in the mail soon, as soon as I write the snail mail letter I should've written months ago...

Listening: Not too Deep with Grace Helbig.
Watching: Elementary, Maleficent**, Howl's Moving Castle****, Stardust****, How to train your dragon 2** (also rewatched Hercules, The Beauty & the Beast and Tangled).
Reading: The Curse of the Wendigo by Rick Yancey, Blindness by José Saramago & Just my Type by Simon Garfield.
Making: little progress with school assignments. Tiny sketchbooks with some instructions from an old Flow.
Purchasing: Just my Type by Simon Garfield, The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, a new HDD for my old laptop and a new phone.
Looking forward to: Hmm, don't really know. Maybe the next holiday period or the end of the school year... And also the moment when my laptop will be repaired and sent back to me. Ditto for my headphones, I've been waiting for them for almost 2 weeks.

So, what did you guys do these past weeks?

1 opmerking:

  1. hé die print van de big draw ziet er echt súper uit. Hier was het ook vooral lesvrij ipv echt vakantie, maar zo eens lekker doorwerken doet ook goed :-)
    Heb jij dit jaar een creares-project?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.